The mountains called - so I went

I love to hike. You might have noticed that by now. In these trying times of the global pandemic, it's more important than ever to stay sane and the mountains do that for me. I can be alone up there and even if I am not, there is plenty of fresh air to go around. Here in Washington people have been fairly smart about wearing masks and that goes for us hikers, too. Now that things are finally starting to look up, and most of our parks have reopened,I've been able to do some nice backpacking with a few other members of the Mountaineers who are luckily as careful as I am about masking up.

My humble abode


Elephant head

Shooting star

Marsh orchids

Royal Lake


The comet

Trail to Royal Basin

Olympic Marmot


Royal Basin



False Hellebore

Dinner!

Sunrise over Royal Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment